Difference in green v. black walnut trees?

Hi,
I just moved to Redwood City, California, and there is a walnut tree on the property with green walnuts. How can I tell the difference between English walnuts and black walnuts in terms of the green fruit (now on the tree) or the leaves, etc.?
Thank you very much.
Claire Gilbert snipped-for-privacy@blazingtattles.com