Deer and gardens

Page 2 of 2
On 7/4/2016 11:09 AM, Frank wrote:

When my wife was pregnant with our first child she spotted a copperhead snake coming out from under the front porch. Neighbor behind us and wife were visiting at that time. The neighbor was a WWI veteran and my wife handed him her .380 pistol to shoot the snake. He missed twice and she reach over and got the pistol back and shot the snake through the head. He was somewhat embarrassed but told me the story when I came in from work. I never worried about leaving her alone after that. That first child was born in December 1961, she's all growed up and a grandmother three times, with six great grands. Wow!
I haven't tried the alloy pellets as yet as I have about a lb of lead pellets to use up. Bought the air rifle from our Russian next door neighbor when they were going back to St. Petersburg. 25 bucks seemed a good price and he was happy.