Dec 24 here hope yours is bright

Big changes this year smorgasbord over my eldest not here in over 40 years. Eldest son calling a few times for particulars concerning the glogg. Everything falling into place as my daughter lives 3 miles away. Whole family and theirs will be there. Rumor has it my second daughters friend will ask for her hand. ;)))
Glogg
1 qt Dry Red Wine 1 qt Port Wine 1 Cup raisins 3 T Orange Peel 3 Cardamon seeds crushed 9 whole cloves 1 stick cinnamon 1 1/2 cup Aquavit 1 Cup sugar 1 Cup Almonds Rest 13 hours 3 whole figs
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"Always tell the truth and you don't have to remember anything."
Lovely rain and a little snow here, finally, and now the sunshine is glorious and clouds are rising up out of the valley below. Thirsty roots are finding precious water, at long last. The air is fresh and clean, the house is warm, and all is ready.

This part of the recipe never works for me. :-)
    Una