DeadTaters ...

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised , the temps here have been in the mid-to-upper 90's for like 8 weeks runnin' now . And yes, they've been "hydrated" , and no I didn't overwater them . The ones next to the house that only get part day sun are doing better , but still not well . On another note , the zucchini's have started to come back , got 3 fruits on the one that was least affected by the borers , flowers on another , and the third is hangin' in there . Cantalopes are doing well , and the cayenne pepper plants are loaded . I've started watering the "wild" grape vine . I suspect the reason it's never set much fruit is because of dry spring weather . If we're still here next year , I'll find out ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

It's time for potatoes to start dying back. They are basically done, dig up a hill and you should find full grown potatoes.
The blueberries are fruiting like gangbusters. I'm picking 3-4 gallons every other day. I'm wasting away, but the chiggers are fat. Steve
Steve Peek wrote:

I wish I was up at our place in the Ozarks ... Son and DIL and their spawn spent some time up there last week . The blackberries are in full producion , and ripenin' fast . And momma and baby bear are eatin' them as fast as they ripen - the littlest g-daughter saw the baby , the son herded the family all inside ASAP . Smart move , IMO !!
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Damn, the blackberry cobbler season! I need to take a hike into the woods and see how the blackberries are.
--
- Billy
Obama is now backing a bipartisan Senate budget plan that would overhaul Social
Billy wrote:

Our place is about a mile off the highway 9 miles south of Mountain View Ar . Where there ain't heavy woods , there's blackberry brambles ... and blueberries too , though only once have I managed to beat the critters to them . Oh , and the trees are liberally festooned with muscadine vines .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Sounds like it's just a couple miles south of paradise!
Steve Peek wrote:

Pretty much how we feel too . No cellular service , no OTA TV , and you can hear the birds . Too bad economics force us to stay in Memphis ... but there's just not many jobs up there that aren't tied to seasonal tourism .
--
Snag
Learning keeps
On 7/23/2011 9:00 PM, Billy wrote:

I haven't looked in the large field around the corner yet. Nosey neighbor had the city clean out the blackberries across the street, the weeds there are doing fine.
Jeff