Dead is beautiful !

If it's the weeds under the black plastic you laid down to kill 'em . I'm slackin' this year , still haven't got my seedlings in the ground . But the ground is ready and so are the seedlings , the weeds are dead , and a nice layer of straw will help insure they stay that way . Looks like it'll be Tuesday when I plant ... probably in the rain because every day it doesn't I need to be workin' on getting the new kitchen dried in . Today we got most of the walls sheathed with OSB/blandex . Trusses are built ...
--
Snag

On 4/23/2016 8:18 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

built anything but the raised beds in the backyard.
We've gone two days without rain but the forecast says more tomorrow and the rest of the week. I hope it's not another deluge.
George Shirley wrote:

It's probably not going to happen but I hope the rain here holds off for a few more days . If I can get the trusses up and set and get the roof decking on I'll be a happy camper . The last rain we got was like an inch in under an hour , had water coming into the living room thru the opening I made in the SW wall - most of that wall comes out , she likes "open concept" . -- Snag
On 4/24/2016 10:24 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

of her stuff. There's not an empty space in the house except in the bathrooms and I had to insist on not storing things in those spaces. I figure once I'm gone the children will find her crushed under her hoard one day. I still love her, come December, if I make it, we will be married 56 years and we dated two years before the marriage. We're really used to each other.
George Shirley wrote:

Mine's not a hoarder , her mother is ... August will be 43 years for us . I kinda like having her around .
--
Snag

On 4/24/2016 11:19 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

two children, now in their early fifties; five grandchildren, the eldest in their early thirties (daughter started a family at 18); six great grandchildren, one of whom will be seventeen this year (female). We love them all and moved to Houston area from Louisiana to be closer to them. One helluva crowd when all our get, their spousal units, and children all get together. There's no such thing as a whisper in this crowd, it's a roaring good party. When your youngest great granddaughter, every bit of going on four, whispers "I love you Granpa," you feel really good for a few days. And we have three grandkids that haven't married as yet.
My folks were married 44 years before Dad passed, her folks a bit over 50 years before her Dad passed. Her mother lived to almost 101 years, I tell my wife to keep an eye on the money as she might outlive it. <G>
Life is very good for us.
[snipped]
LOL!!! I thought you were talking about something else.
(I used to be a necrophilliac until my girldfriend split.)
--
Shaun.

~misfit~ wrote:

No ... but I pulled back the vinyl (pool liner material) that was covering part of the garden today , and there was nothing living under there but crickets and earthworms . Delightfully dead ! So this afternoon I set out the peppers (Habs , japs , red bells) , the Mortgage Lifter tomatoes and 2 beefsteaks that were in with the red peppers . Planted acorn squash , zukes , and some okra . Tomorrow I'l do the rest of the 'maters and plant a bunch more stuff . I'm having a hard time deciding which field peas , I only have 6 varieties ...
--
Snag