Danger Lurking in Local Garden Centers

Page 3 of 3

Even Aspirin?
Aspirin is very underestimated any more. I can't take it tho'. Makes my ears ring.
Sending good vibes for quick healing!
I had wrist surgery several years ago and I still remember the pain...
I use Ibuprofen for arthritis and sciatica.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

I can't take aspirin because my platelette count is very low...50,000 and it's due to an enlarged spleen, due to chirrosis of the liver I have due to hepatitis c which I've been battling for many years. Thus, I may need a transplant in a few years if this last round of chemo injections for a year daily didn't kill the virus.

Damn...
You sure don't need to deactivate what platelets you have! And I can see why anything containing Acetaminophen is out too.
Would you be interested in Colloidal or Ionic silver? I believe it's been shown to be an excellent anti-viral.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

I am going to try and see a Tibetan doctor to check me. I was on one year of chemo...Infergen and Ribivirin bundle. If we stop the virus, I'll have cirrhosis, but my liver will still function well. It does now! Good karma I guess, I hope. I'm not saying that with arrogance.
I have some Tibetan medicines here which my Lama sent to me from Tibet. We shall see. Also milk thistle.

Yes, milk thistle is good for the liver. :-)
It's just that I know someone that makes the liquid silver stuff, and he gives it away. Free.
Homeopathy, to me, is a bit iffy but some people swear by it.
Hep. c seems to be epidemic in some areas around here. I feel for you as it's transmitted a number of ways.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

A drowning person will grab at straws and, why not? Hell, get enough straws and you just might float. Just don't get so caught up in the straws, that you ignore the lifeboat.
- Bill(y) Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
In article

And your lifeboat is... ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Every once in awhile, for no apparent reason, allopathy works. Usually the best thing to do is to find an advocateyou can trust, preferably a family member.
(Bill)y Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
In article

Oh I know. It's a constant argument between me and my father.
He tends to oppose Allopathy even tho' it saved his life when he had appendicitis. <G>
I work in health care remember.
There is a time and place for Allopathy, but it, like anything else, can be overdone. Like patients I see come in with nearly a freakin' GROCERY bag full of prescriptions!
That can't be good.
I take a few myself but my Dr. and I both agree that they are best limited. I have my share of health problems but more minor compared to hers imho.
Better living thru Chemistry indeed...
but lifestyle still counts.
Drugs are not a substitute for good diet etc. But you know that.
Doing a quick google, it looks like both Hep c and HIV are RNA viruses? I wonder if the anti-retrovirus drugs that have been so effective against HIV might work for Hep c?
I have a very close friend with HIV. She's had it now for over 15 years and her viral load is currently below detectable range on the modern anti-retroviral drugs.
What gets really fun is when you start studying nutritional therapy like I have. Things like Megadoses of specific Amino Acid isolates. It's pretty amazing and I've seen it work.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Sounds great to me. Anything but exercise and diet;-) My dad appeared to have Alzheimer's, then they took him off his meds and he came back to normal. Normal for him wasn't good. He would never have mistaken for Mr. Rogers but at least he wasn't a zombie. I'm taking too many meds for my taste but since I seem to be the host for all the contemporary modern maladies, I need to be prudent. Any reading you could suggest to an open-minded sceptic in the way of alternative medicine?
- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
In article

<lol> I'm actually pretty careful about diet. I've learned that nutrition and flavor are very compatible if you like to cook, and I do.
Exercize? Who the hell has time?

Dr. Earl Mindel.
He is excellent and very accurate.
Also, "The Nutrition Almanac".
One of the number one most important things I've learned when studying nutritional therapies is to CROSS REFERENCE. Never go by just ONE authors opinions.
Sorry for the shouting, but it's a very important point.
Supplements can be expensive.
Hope this helps. :-)
Some books by Dr. Atkins can also expel a lot of myths.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

[...]

[...]
Go hit Wikipedia for RNA viruses. It's a interesting list -- including Ebola, West Nile Virus, the mumps, Rabies, Hanta Virus and Tobacco Mosaic Virus. And the flu.
Scary stuff.
Hep C seems to be pandemic these days. My MD routinely checks *everyone* for it now...
Jan
--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.

I'm too tired to decipher; what do you mean by "lifeboat?" Life doesn't come with one. We're all going to die. It can come any nano second for any one, any where.
So, what did you mean?

Oh I know exactly how I got it. I was a junkie when I was a kid. I shot dope and cocaine frequently. I missed getting AIDS by a squinch.
BTW, more people in the world have HEP C, than AIDS. It has surpassed AIDS in the numbers now. It's the number one reason for liver related cancers, transplants and death. So, I'm preparing and peaceful about it all. My husband will wheel me out on a dolly and I'll garden laying down. I almost exclusively do that now! What a sight.
victoria

Oops. ;-) There but for the grace of the creator go any of us. I'm glad you are no longer a junkie.
Helluva habit to kick.
Congrats!

I know.

Ok.
Seriously, if you want to try some silver, e-mail me. I'll put you in touch with the guy making it.
He's more interested in proving a point than in making any kind of profit...
I use it to quell colds and, while not 100% effective, if I use it in time I can at least reduce the number of days I'm ill.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Why thankee very much. I will check it out.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

Hope it works out!

she knows better than to bother me. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

I have this one, but mine is 10x20 feet
http://www.greenhouses.com/germinator88.html
It looks like this one, but I didn't buy it from this source. I have the invoice inside the file cabinet and I am flat out from knee surgery so too lazy to get it.
I really love this greenhouse because in winter it protects my tender brugmansia and I start seeds and make cuttings and sell them to local garden centers to support my habit of plants.
However, I think I'm done now with adding more plants to garden. I will just use the greenhouse to winter over my brugs and some other plants, as well as grow some to sell. This house can be turned into a canopy in summer. We use shade cloth, but it came with a canopy. In Texas, the wind can take that thing up like a kite and so I use shade cloth which is not solid material, but has many holes and it helps shade my part shade plants.
Sorry if this post makes no sense, I'm working on virtually no sleep.