Damned Leaf Spot

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:48:37 +1200, "~misfit~"

I am as close to organic as one can get - at least when the bugs are OUTSIDE my house, but Serenade (way overpriced bottle of liquid it is, too), being a biological, doesn't offend me instantly.
I recommend putting in as wide a variety of tomatoes as you can accommodate, and include a few cherrys. Even when the weather decimates the large fruit plants, I always manage to get some harvest from the cherries. Makes for odd sandwiches, but they are tasty.
Yesterday's pickings:
http://i62.tinypic.com/jphkxz.jpg
Once upon a time on usenet Boron Elgar wrote:

I try to be as organic as possible but finances especially dictate that I compromise from time to time. However if and when I do compromise I try to use older 'tried and true' low-impact substances.

True. I usually grow three or four varieties including a cherry tomato but, as the previous year the Grosse Lisse was by far my favourite and I'm having to cut back a bit on non-tree food growing (essentially 'soil working') I decided to just grow the Grosee Lisse last year. Lesson learned.

Nice! :)
--
Shaun.

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 12:58:29 +1200, "~misfit~"

Spring is a gardener's season on hope, late summer is one of distress.
I have squirrels or chipmunks raiding the tomatoes. Lost a lot this week.

I will set some mouse traps around a few plants, but who knows what approach the critters are using.