Damaged tomato plant survival/production?

Looks like I have nothing to worry about. The plant is looking great. Last year I lost 3 seedlings to a rabbit that squeezed under the fence. This year, I'm determined to have all survive.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Dr.

(clip)

(clip) I planted Druzba this year, along with 3 other heirloom varieties. I was planting early, rushing the season and all got caught by a frost. Druzba has proven to be the least cold-hardy of the lot. Although several of the others were damaged by the frost, most of them have recovered. I lost exactly 1/2 of the Druzba.

Bill

Reply to
Anonymous

Same with most produce. Once you've had tree-ripened fruit, the stuff in the grocery is just -- inedible. Especially peaches!! I swear you could use the grocery peaches for baseballs.

~REZ~

Reply to
Rez

Ouch. I'll make not of that.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Dr.

I had good success with Mortgage Lifter last year. It's a huge, late-season, pink tomato that is so fleshy that ... well, here, take a look.

Surf to

and then go to page five to see the cross-section. You'll see a couple of woody areas in this particular specimen but most of them had none at all.

It's a great slicer, a so-so juicer and I didn't try any other method of preserving them. Very prolific, excellent total weight per vine.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I had planned to buy a Mortgage Lifter this year and manage to not do it. :-(

I went to your web page, but my browser shows only broken links. :-(

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose