Dam, forgot to start seeds.

Should have started onion and leek seeds in January. Guess no spring onions for me this year.

Did plant some radish seeds on March first.

Reply to
James

The ones in the front yard re-set themselves every year if I don't harvest too many of them. ;-) There are a nice bunch right now.

Yum!

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

My Elephant garlic did not do well. I don't have good luck with garlic in general. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong...

These are a wild spring onion, kinda like a scallion. We picked the bulbs next to the river in georgetown about 20 years ago and have had them ever since...

Good for soups, garnish, salads, they are delicious if eaten before they bloom. Once they bloom, they lose flavor but the tops throw "sets" instead of seeds, so they spread and keep going readily. They appear in February, and bloom/set in late March/early April. Then they dissapear for the rest of the year.

I'm doing a bean soup this weekend and will use some for seasoning. I'll take a jpeg at that time as I want to get a pic of them in the ground, and harvested. I'll take a pic of the bloom sets later this year so I have a proper file.

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

You don't suppose you are growing, what we call up here, wild leaks? Are the leaves on yours tubular like onions tend to be or are they a flat leaf over an inch wide?

Steve

Reply to
Steve