Daikon ?

This is my first attempt at growing daikon. They have been in since mid-April and some are showing signs of bolting. The tops of the roots have pushed out of the ground 2-3 inches and are 2 inches or so in diameter. If I have to dig them now, any suggestions of a preservation method? Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve Peek

Don't know where you are, but I do better with Daikon as a fall crop. I cut some into 1" cubes and brined, rather like real pickles are done. Got good reviews from those I foisted samples on. You could always let some bolt and get seeds.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/4 in upstate New York, 1420' elevation. NY WO G

Reply to
Gary Woods