Cutworms and tomato plants ?

How big do the plants have to get before I don't have to worry about cutworms ?

What do cutworms eat when we're not feeding them :-)

Reply to
Al Dykes

I cut the bottoms out of large coffee cans and put around the plant, pushing about 1/3 into the soil. Works like a charm and watering is easy - just fill the can.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Any sort of plastic jug or jar works well too. Here it's not cutworms that slice stuff off at the roots, it's mice and kangaroo rats (which get thru the rabbit fence).

~REZ~

Reply to
Rez