Cultivating Water Chestnuts

Hello all!
Does anyone in the group know the best conditions and methods for cultivating water chestnuts?
I'm hoping to grow Elocharis Dulcis, which I know require about an inch of water. But that's about it!
Thanks! Darren
Darren Woods wrote:

They do well here (warm temperate) in an old steel bath full of soil and manure that is constantly wet and gets half sun.