Cucumber Transplants

Hi All, I just purchased some Marketmore Cucumber transplants from the local nursery in those plastic modular trays with 4 cells per tray. Some cells just have one plant but others have 2 or 3 plants in a single cell. Should I thin those down to 1 plant per cell before planting into the ground?
---pete---

No. Plant them just as they are in the cells and then let them grow for a little while and then when you can see which of the 2 or 3 plants is going to be the most vigorous one, pinch out the others. If you were growing your cucumbers from seed then you would plant 2 or 3 seeds together and pinch out the weaker ones once you could identify the strongest grower.
wrote in message

I have had no problems allowing two to stay together. If there were three I would remove the weakest one.
Ok, I guess I'll try both methods and see what happens. Thanks.
I'll try to remember to post back here in a couple of months to report what happens.
---pete---