Corn-to-Ethanol: US Agribusiness Magic Path To A World Food Monopoly

Page 2 of 5
In article

Wrong.
Read the links that Doofy posted next!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Sorry to be pedantic about it, but I said "at least" (at a minimum). I just skimmed the article but I didn't see any reference to kilos of manure in, to cubic liters of methane out. Did I miss it?
The trick, as I see it, is how to pressurize the septic tank or, is the return of energy so great as to off-set the use of a compressor?
--
FB - FFF

Billy

An alternative.....no pressurization required.
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/MethaneDigesters/MD6.html#13
Main site is quite useful.
FFF.......Fart For Fuel
Charlie
In article

More or less... The process production seems to vary with your digestion conditions. The better they are, the more you get out of it.

Seems to be. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

Sorry, I'd not gotten around to googling it yet. :-) I'm working from memory over 25 years ago, talking to some company in Colorado up above Denver...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
Omelet wrote:

first two are about the same fella:
http://www.green-trust.org/2000/biofuel/batesmethane.htm
http://www.truehealth.org/methane2.html
http://newsblaze.com/story/2007080908010200002.ew/topstory.html

Well done! :-)
Forget Ethanol.
We could probably supply all the fuel the US needs from all the TONS of animal manure generated from raising pigs, cattle and chickens, not to mention the human sewage processing that goes in in every city.
Just imagine......
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Considering the amount of BS coming out of Washington DC, we should be able to light every home in the world (not light-them-up):-)
--
FB - FFF

Billy

In article

Washington DC can heat the entire US with hot air alone...
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

Hmmm ......
My next truck will have an E85 flex fuel engine. I have heard that a still cost $1,500. One combines 85 gallons of ethenol with 15 gallons of regular gas.
I grow corn on 8 acres, cut down my 4 acres of trees (fuel source for still). Make the fuel and hope I know what I am doing. Too much sugar in the mix and kiss my engine good-bye. Get the the still too hot and kiss myself good-bye :) Everything works and look out my kitchen window at my barren land.
After I go through all this work. The war will be over. Oil flows again. Gas drops below $2 per gallon. I sell my still for scrap metal or start drinking.
Give up my truck !!! They can have my truck, when they pry my keys from my cold dead hands :)
Enjoy Life ...... Dan
--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.

Dan L. wrote:

Being facetious. The permitting process alone would use up any cost savings. Don't think revenuers would like my excuse when they raided my still ;) Frank

Plan for the worst. Hope for the best. I cannot predict the future. I will still get an E85 truck. Just in case. Not for saving money. May be needed for just simply surviving the next great depression. Their I go again predicting the future :)
Enjoy Life ....... Dan
--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.

Omelet wrote:

Look here:

list, but I do appreciate the thought. :-)
All I need is to find out the square footage of soil needed for each plant I wish to grow.
One other MAJOR advantage to container gardening vs. bed or raised bed gardening besides water use is weed control.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Kinda gives you that week before Christmas feeling, eh?
I am pleased that I can give you this pleasure.
Care Charlie
<Charlie> wrote in message > This is a moral issue. The 80% of Americans that are professing

Yep, its all about money and monopolistic control of the market. Whether its one company or many, its the same thing.
Congress is known for making problems so they can deny their mistakes for awhile, then fix it a generation or 2 later. You're also talking about the same government entity that subsidized tobacco in the early 60s. The caution read: MAY cause cancer (not will) on the cigarette packs during that time (surgeon general). That's 2 generations.
Moral issue? They harmed and killed millions in this country with addictiing (as heroin) tobacco for so long. I saw no Christians. Just proliferation of the product. Now, out of the kindness of their hearts, multiple government entities tax these tobacco bound addicts with more and more tax. Makes alot of sense... Dave

If they had banned tobacco it would have instantly created a black market. They tried that with alcohol and it created the Mafia. Try it today and imagine what would be funded. Terror cells? Could be anything. Almost certainly way worse than what we have now. We already have enough problems with organized crime being funded by marijuana growing.
You also forget that Jesse Helms ('72 to '02) was almost single-handedly responsible for keeping the tobacco subsidies going. There were a lot of politicians, and many good ones, who's careers were destroyed going up against him trying to get rid of him. This is one of the fundamental problems with the Senate - it is possible for single individuals to become powerful enough to push through point issues that are opposed by the majority - if those individuals are willing to sacrifice power on most other issues. And Helms did that. In fact, in a way it set the stage for the ultimate destruction of the Republican party that we are going to be seeing next year. Prior to Helms, the Republicans didn't mix religion and politics. Helms in conjunction with Ronnie RayGun, opened the door to this and today the religious right-wingers have taken over the party and are in the process of driving out the few remaining moderates, and spending the country into bankruptcy.
The consumers of tobacco always have a choice to simply stop smoking. They don't. All the government can do is make the best of a bad situation. Sorry you don't like it - but if you can come up with a better solution that does not carry bad side effects, then do it.
Ted

I like that analogy, ban: black market. Alcoholic beverages don't suffer nearly the tax. Many have made the same analogy about alcoholic beverages referring to the ban: black market, which I agree with. And, I know I don't need to tell you how many people were killing in traffic "accidents" due to intake of alcoholic beverages. Let alone, lost time due to alcohol intake.
My original point being, distended by your response, was that you can't fix it, don't. Leave it alone. But, that would be against political job security... Dave
how about growing industrial hemp. has many uses we could sure do with now and i dont think it is edible so unlike corn is not taking food off the table. industrial also is too low in THC to bother using it for recreational purposes. i'm not sure how the laws in various countrys deal with the industrial stuff. j.
<Charlie> wrote...

nzlstar* wrote:

In the US it is generally verbotten, though some farmers are trying to get it ok, with LOTS of govt. oversight, and interference.