Corn tastes bad...

... planted Sweet Corn here in Zone 5 NE Indiana and it looks GREAT but has no 'sweet' flavor.. did I wait too long to pick it?

Probably. If you wait to long to pick, it turns from sweet to starchy. DAMHITK
G'day all;

likely culprit.
I grew up in western New York, so I've eaten a cob or two in my days. But, for all the cooking of corn that goes on there, it wasn't until much later in life that I learned how to really cook it and get that fine sweet taste everybody seems to crave.
When you cook the corn in water, you end up throwing away the majority of the flavor. I've found that soaking the corn in the husk, shucking the coarse outer layers of husk and cutting off the long tassels, wrapping it in foil, and then tossing it on the BBQ or into a hot oven, was the best. The moisture in the husk is all the water you need for cooking it (it steams, actually), and none of the flavor is washed away.
We enjoy it like that...although, as usual with things subjective, YMMV...(:-o)!
DustyB San Jose

How long do you cook it?

Me wrote:

You don't happen to remember which variety you planted, do you?
Steve