corn silks/ear shoots

I've got a small batch of corn and I wanted to help them along with pollination. Most have tassel-stalks fully emerged and spread out with the little tassels hanging on most of them. I've read pollination occurs in the morning hours (not too hot not too cold) and too much wind may cause pollen failure in small crops like mine.

The thing I'm missing is the silks or "ear shoots" I don't see anything but the tassels. Anyone know of a picture of what I'm looking for? I've read the pollen has to fall on the ear shoot and silks but I'm not seeing anything. DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, 1 mile off L.I.Sound

1st Year Gardener
Reply to
DigitalVinyl

The silk are the very thin strands that peek out of the top of the ear.

Reply to
Noydb