Corn silk

Page 2 of 2

I just love the sweet taste of it as a garni on a salad. It has a much sweeter taste than alfalfa sprouts.
We were cleaning some Utah sweet corn (MMMMM sweet), and a friend of mine handed me a tangle of corn silk. I had never ever thought of tasting it, but I tried it. I don't know if it was the sweet Utah corn, or if it is all like that, but it was just like sugar. We get some very very sweet corn here in Utah, and at the end of the season, when it's plentiful, we can get it for 8 ears for $1. I can make a meal of corn, with just some butter and Tony's seasoning. And then alternate ears with California ground garlic and parsley. But since you only RENT corn and beer, it doesn't stay with you for long. ;-)
And golly by gee, I hope this is in line and on topic with discussing gardens and edible things from the garden.