Cooper Fungicide

Hi,
Ive just sprayed my plum and cherry with murphys traditional coppe fungicide, using the dose recommended. (My plum had canker earlier i the season)
Its left a blue-ish powder on the leaves (copper), I havent used thi before, so is this OK or should I wash it off.
Also is it worth giving my apple a spray?
Cheers
E
-- gasdoctor
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Its ok on the leaves,Wash the plums tho. Depends on whether there is a fungus on your apple tree. Copper sulphate is an old time fungicide, still fairly effective on some fungi. gasdoctor wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net Wrote:

Thanks,
One other question: Copper is a fungicide but does it hav anti-bacterial actions as I was under the impression that canker can b cuased by bacteria? Though the RHS site recommends copper for canker o fruit trees. Just checking Im applying a correct therapy.
E
-- gasdoctor
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Yes. Copper sulphate in certain formulations is approved for bacterial canker, bacterial spot. Most effective for brown rot of fruits. There are also copper hydroxide and copper oxychloride formulations .

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.