Controlling Japanese beetles on peach tree

Hi,
I live in the Atlanta suburbs. I have a non-ornamental (fruiting) peach tree and I am bracing for the inevitable onslaught of Japanese beetles that hits us each summer.
Can someone recommend an insectiside that is effective against Japanese beetles, yet will not render the peaches unsafe to eat?
The peachtree currently has peaches on it, if that changes the equation.
Thanks in advance!
-AFD

Sevin (carbaryl) will control the beetles and is relatively beign as pesticides go. The botanical Rotenone works well and is generally considered an organic pesticide, but it comes as a dust and may be difficult (and expensive) to apply on a tree.
"TQ" <ToweringQs AT adelphia.net> writes:

I used to like Carbaryl because it was easy to mix and had a short witholding time, just a week or two IIRC. But I think the sale of Carbaryl has been banned in Australia for at least 10 years on account of it being a suspected carcinogen. Sevin has been banned for a few decades I think. -- John Savage (my news address is not valid for email)
Thanks for the replies!