Concord grapes, fungus problems

I have a Concord grape vine, it produced a ton of grapes for one season four or five years ago and nothing since, the grapes just shrivel up and die. I tried spraying with a fungicide a couple of years ago (I just sprayed it once in the spring) but that didn't help. Any recommendations about how to handle the problem without making the grapes to toxic.
BTW, I live in Massachusetts.
I was told by a man who knew what he was talking about, to spray them in the spring with Captan or Captain. It is pronounced like captane. This was in Arkansas and he only sprayed it once, but you could do it twice if needed.
How much water are you giving them. I was also told to give them 3 inches a week, while in the production stage. They were never bothered by bugs but the mowing lady seemed to keep them cleaned off very well (my wife).
Dwayne

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:09:29 -0600, Dwayne wrote:

I haven't been watering them because I generally get lots of rain, in fact I think that's part of my problem. I'll pick up some Captan this weekend.
They can be over watered also. I would figure out a way to measure how much water you are putting down and go from there. I always test my watering system after installing it, by checking it every 10 minutes after turning it on to see how deep it went. Then turn the water on for the amount of time needed.
Good luck.
Dwayne