Composting milestone

Hi,
As of this month I've been composting kitchen scraps and brown paper products for roughly 4 years. At an average of 500 lbs per year I've saved over one ton of trash from being wasted in the landfill :) I hope everyone else is having as much success.
Dan
I don't necessarily have a milestone. For years, I've gathered 150-200 sacks of leaves every fall and use a chipper shredder to grind them down and let them sit till late spring, early summer. Good leaf mold. A year ago I started a landscaping company and I ran out of storage space as I carry inventory of trees, shrubs and perennials. Last December, the guy who introduced me to composting 11 years ago and who was a major player in what I'm doing today, bought the house next door. He had it moved off the lot in March and the empty is a vicorty garden/native plant/pond site "green" area. I collect leaves and clippings throughout the year and give him a good amount. Last Sunday we went out and collected 120 bags and shredded them down to a 10' wide and 4' tall mound. Would have gone today but I had a presentation and we had our first rain in 2 months. We'll go another 2 times and that will do for fall. I'm fortunate that he has some vacant land. Now, if I could just find a cheap warehouse....
J. Kolenovsky
dstvns wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky