Composting horse manure?

i'm not sure the exact source has ever been tracked down, but if you read anything in passing wing it my way.

me too, but it costs me money to bring in outside manures anyways. if i can do everything i need without the expense then it's a big improvement in my costs.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Derald wrote: ...

yeah, sadly, a large portion of research done at universities these days is sponsored by industry or government and each has their own particular angle and takes the results to massage them further. if the answer isn't what they want to hear then they discard it and hire someone else to do it again or they don't bother to even get it right.

longer term, actual science and knowlege will win out, but the short term damages have to be small enough so that we can survive until the longer term comes around. right now i fear the short term is overpowering the longer just by the sheer mass or inertia.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

The problem is solved if the meat is thoroughly cooked. With hamburger, that means no pinkness in the middle, unless you saw it ground.

Reply to
Billy

What the .........??? Getting sick one of twice a year is appalling and as for 'several times a month'!!!!!!

What on earth are you eating? Or perhaps more to the point, where are you eating?

Reply to
Farm1

Now you may encounter folks who announce they rinsed their veggies in dilute bleach to kill any bacteria. Plus sa change, plus sa mem chose.

Reply to
Doug Freyburger

I thought of a Monty Python spoof of a Cheech and Chong movie. ;^)

Reply to
Doug Freyburger

i wouldn't mind skipping those too! but if you live around people or go out in public it's very hard to avoid all bugs.

_was_, i used to eat fast-food three to five days a week, but i also was using a lot of low cost budget chicken once or twice a week. and i had a on-going food sensitivities going on which were part of the trouble. so even if the meat was well cooked and i always did right with food handling it still meant i'd get sick once in a while.

stopping fast-food solved some of the problem. not eating chicken regularly made another chunk of difference and then figuring out the remaining food sensitivities and getting my gut bacteria population "reset" took care of the most the rest of it. now it's just a once in a while thing -- usually from when we try a new place out. so far my great weaknesses i keep to "treats" once every few months now and i'm being more careful there too so they aren't causing me problems.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Reply to
mountview009

No problem. You can use either, fresh is you like, in which case allow at least 3 months between application and harvest. Also, be careful not to splash fresh manure on the edible parts of the plant when watering.

Reply to
Billy