Composting Equipment

I have a large pile going from the fall and summer yard waste, but I have to many varmints around to add kitchen waste to the pile.
Does anyone have an efficient, varmint proof system to compost kitchen wastes in? I'm thinking some thing in the range of 25 to 50 gallons, that tumbles easily.
It might also make a difference to know I'm located in Northern WI.
Thanks
Nartker wrote:

I precompost them in a garbage can with a strong lid. The racoons or mice will not eat stuff that has already rotten. You only need a thaw or two and it will go inedible. There are still a few things that will not go bad easily, in my case only squash seeds and radicchio roots, but all in all I find very little varmint traffic. In fact I get much more traffic in my regular garbage, every time, say, I throw away meat packaging.
Nartker said:

Critters digging in the compost bins has never been an issue for me. We do hot batch composting, in open topped bins, and bury fresh kitchen waste in the steaming pile every day or so. (We've even buried the remains of a lobster feast.) The same racoons that regularly raid the garbage cans ignore anything buried in the compost pile.
Take a look at the sig, and figure out howshoot me an email if you'd like me to send you the info I use to do hot batch composting. It was originally posted in the old Prodigy gardening group by a composting professional.

I would do an informal look at Lowes, Home Depot, online, and rig something up if it were I. al

have you considered making liquid compost. A large barrell, I use 200L, and a hessian sack stuffed with organics. As they break down the water turns into a compost tea which I can draw off as I need it. It may take some time for an initial batch of waste to break down but may suit your needs depending on how much you throw out. Periodically you can throw the spent organic matter at the bottom on the sack on your dry compost where it should not be disturbed by animals.
rob