Compost Making. Utterly Confused!!

Page 3 of 3

completely
red
around
Would adding lime work to hasten the decomposition?

I have absolutely no idea.
Mike

I'll second the alfalfa pellet concept! I've had pet bunnies. I know how hot that waste gets with spilled feed in it.
--
Peace! Om

It would decompose the compost but it would be a chemical decomposition that would kill off the biological decomposers (bacteria and fungi) that you want in your garden. I know that this is an old question of your's but for god's sake man, get a book or google. Your being much too dense and lazy about this. Just throw some dead vegetative material on the ground, in a rather large heap and come back in 6 months and add the remains to your garden. In the mean time, google or go to the library.

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Mike Try using alfalfa pellets instead. Like having cow manure but bypassing the cow. works great. Emilie

I see the importance of alfalfa as a starting material in food production and the action those microbotic organisms has on it, whether it takes place in a cow's stomach, in a compost pile or a vat of compost tea.