Compost Making. Utterly Confused!!

Would adding lime work to hasten the decomposition?

Reply to
Mike

I have absolutely no idea.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Mike Try using alfalfa pellets instead. Like having cow manure but bypassing the cow. works great. Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca

I'll second the alfalfa pellet concept! I've had pet bunnies. I know how hot that waste gets with spilled feed in it.

Reply to
Omelet

It would decompose the compost but it would be a chemical decomposition that would kill off the biological decomposers (bacteria and fungi) that you want in your garden. I know that this is an old question of your's but for god's sake man, get a book or google. Your being much too dense and lazy about this. Just throw some dead vegetative material on the ground, in a rather large heap and come back in 6 months and add the remains to your garden. In the mean time, google or go to the library.

Reply to
Billy

I see the importance of alfalfa as a starting material in food production and the action those microbotic organisms has on it, whether it takes place in a cow's stomach, in a compost pile or a vat of compost tea.

Reply to
Mike