Compost from cabbage, brocchili etc.

Hi: I grew a bunch (40) cabbage, brocchili caukiflowers and Brussels. I do not plan to grow them in the same area next year. Should I Mulch that stuff up...its in my compost heap... and till it under in my whole garden or the part where these were grown? Or should I just toss it? Educate me. I had a great rookie harvest on almost every crop ..I grew cux, squash and toms etc. I don't want to get the soil too hot.. Thanks Farmer Joe

Reply to
Farmer Joe

If you already have it in your compost pile, let it compost and then use as any other compost. I plow down brassica residue myself. They are relatively heavy feeders which is the major reason for rotation. The other being disease build up. Composting would destroy the disease organisms. If you had a good crop, you probably do not soil borne diseases like yellows.

Reply to
farmerdill