Compost box is setup.

I set up my compost box. But I discovered something interesting. A lot of the leaves and grass I put in Contractor garbage bags last summer and fall were composting already. In the bags. They got a lot of water in them from the rain. And the centers were barely warm, but the bottom water had froze. There was a bit of stink.
Makes me think I could compost in garbage bags easily. Right from my lawn mower. And save money on compost bins.
Diesel.
DogDiesel wrote:

One reason to have a cage is to allow air in, this helps the aerobic microbes do their work. Using a bag or other closed container will encourage anaerobic bugs which are the ones that smell particularly bad.
David