Compost

Hi, does anyone know how i can work out how many litres of soil are in
ton? B&Q do a 125ltr bag and a ton dumpy bag but i have no way o working out what is cheaper... Any help will be much appreciated :-
--
Bennewby

Bennewby;921268 Wrote:

Hello, Growing Onions in pots will be fine, Make sure they are spaced apart some distant 25-30cm to allow for growing room. Feed regularly during the summer (once a month with liquid feed I use on mine) and hopefully they will be ready in August time. Onions like a sunny situation and dont grow as well in a shady situation.
Hope that helps?
--
Gareth b

I have grown onions successfully in the ground with less spacing - 4 to 6 inches (10-15 cm). Also, if you want green onions (growing them for the "leaves" rather than the bulb) you can put a bunch in right next to each other. Then harvest as needed by cutting off a leaf or two when cooking. -- H