Companion Planting Chart - FYI

I found this Companion Planting Chart PDF file.
Thought it may be of interest to folks here. Includes natural insect repellent tips. Being I'm putting in my first raised bed garden in the Mojave Desert I'm sure it will help me -- get started.
PDF: (350 kb size)
<http://www.idepfoundation.org/download_files/garden_compost/Poster_GDN_Com_Plant.pdf
Oren --> Las Vegas

"If I'm ever reborn, I want to be a gardener - there's too much to do for one lifetime!" - Karl Foerster, plant breeder and writer, 1874-1970
Gardening is supposed to be fun. It isn't meant to be more stress. If you screw-up, there is always next year.
"Gardening is something you learn by doing - and by making mistakes, like cooking, gardening is a constant process of experimentation, repeating the successes and throwing out the failures." - Carol Stocker, American gardening columnist.
Plant what interests you. Follow your hunches.
"As the garden grows, so does the gardener" - Anon
Tape up that roll of dimes, et laisse la bonne temps roulee.
If you like weekends, thank a union.
===
--
- Billy
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in
Oren wrote:

<http://www.idepfoundation.org/download_files/garden_compost/Poster_GDN_Com_Plant.pdf
You would do better putting your effort into learning about soil, climate, plant nutrition etc. Companion planting is not based on science in the main but tradition and myth. There are negative interactions between some plants - look up allelopathy - but most of this stuff has no basis in observed fact. It's like moon planting, it has been passed on and accepted for generations by believers but lacks foundation. Just because it is old doesn't make it right.
This gives a reasonable run down on it.
http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~Linda%20Chalker-Scott/Horticultural%20Myths_files/Myths/Companion%20plants.pdf
David
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:03:30 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"

I got a book about it and discovered that many of the combinations did not grow at the same time in my area.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
The Cook wrote:

The same here.
Thanks Oren - I find it useful.
--
Herve

Plants that attract beneficial insects, are still good companion plants. The concept of a "milpas" is still beneficial. Interplanting is still beneficial. Plant succession is still beneficial.
If you like weekends, thak a union.
=
--
---------