Cold Summer

With only one day over 90F (July 3) gardeners and agriculturalist have been dismayed. Now on the 19th (92F), 20th (91F), and 21st (91F) we've added 3 more days of heat which now has tomatoes ripening for gardeners, and has set off a tsunami of grapes for local wineries who are now running 10 - 12 hr./days for employees.
70 miles north of San Francisco
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and

Cold Summer?
For me in Michigan it was one of the hottest and wettest summer. It was either to hot to work outside for long periods or it was raining. We usually have a light frost by now and I have not seen it yet. The trees are still green and I would love to see the fall colors.
Still for me, I have bumper crop of vegetables for preserving. The tomatoes were in large numbers this year, but were smaller and not as sweet as in the past. It did rain allot and was very hot. My neighbors had the same result with their tomatoes, not that sweet also and smaller.
Cold summer? Not here.
Raining outside now and rain in the forecast for next three days :(
--
Nad

Our weather was very nice for living, but not for gardening. No point in mentioning it when the rest of the country was baking in the heat. Things like Oklahoma City's 51 straight days of 100-degree heat which broke a 31-year record. Seems like the temps dropped to 99F for a day, and then shot back into the 100's. At least we got our 100 days between the grapes flowering and harvest.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029125/Oklahoma-Citys-51-days-10 0-degree-heat-breaks-31-year-record.html#ixzz1YpIV8g3x
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and
Billy wrote:

not too far from Nad, but much drier here most of the summer.
only a little light frost so far (enough to knock out the squash and to start some of the beans turning). temperatures look to be holding for at least another week (if the forecast is right).
tomatoes, pea pods, green peppers, butter beans, still going.
picking dry beans here or there as i get a chance. many beans yet to ripen and dry before i can harvest.
otherwise busy and not getting much garden time in lately. me no like.
songbird