Cipolline Onions

I've a friend who was ranting about how good cipolline onions were, so I bought some to try. Well, not only are they annoying to peel, they tasted like, well, onions. I couldn't detect any differences.

Are they like Vidalias, where the soil they're grown in matters?

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

I've grown them here in the Walla Walla valley and "they tasted like, well, onions." When I grow WW Sweets they taste like WW Sweets.

Reply to
Bill Moats

Reply to
farmerdill