Chilli seed germination

Hi all
Approximately how long does it take for chilli seeds to germinate? know it is a bit longer than most seeds.
Thank
-- Mozie
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:07:57 +0100, Mozie

It depends.
No, really, it depends. Chilies take longer than some seeds, but not as long as others. Some varieties of chilies, like some tepins, take longer than, say, a jalapeno. And, temperatures below 70 F can slow germination.
At 70 F, most chilies will germinate in between 10 and 14 days. Old seed germinates slower, as does fresh seed. Some exotic varieties can take a month to germinate.
What variety are you trying to grow?
Penelope
Penelope Periwinkle Wrote:

Thanks Penelope. I am growing Cayenne peppers
-- Mozie