Chilli's

Have too many Anaheim plants, about 20 too many.

They will be a decent size in 3 to 4 weeks. If anyone is interested I'm in Guildford, Surrey.

Rather give them away than throw away.

Brian

Reply to
tvrchimaera

I have the opposite , I can't get the d%&@ things to germinate . Do you use a heating pad of some kind under them ? Arkansas USA might be a bit far to send those ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I started anaheim, jalapeno, wax peppers and a few types of red bells. The anaheim were slow and had a lower germination rate.

For peppers I think a heat source of some kind is a must. This year I got a very basic gardening heat pad and it made all the difference. I put my own 6pack containers inside the cheap trays with clear plastic lids, watered t he seeds in good and kept them on the heat mat until I saw the first sprout s. Then I moved them immediately under flourescent grow lights (one warm on e cool regular T3 bulb) about 1 inch above the plants, taking the cover off . Then once the first set of full true leaves are in, start moving them out side every day and eventually into the greenhouse.

I've tried a lot of different ways to start pepper seeds and this is the wa y I will do it from now on. Too bad there's only one spring every year.

Reply to
Michael Evangelista

I used the same setup for years Michael, worked great all that time. The shop light I used was on chains so I could raise the light fixture as the seedlings grew. The rig was in my office and the ceiling fan made the plants move just enough to build good stalks. Grew sweet chiles, hot chiles, tomatoes, squash, pretty much everything that went into the garden that needed to be started. Good luck with your garden.

We had rain off and on from yesterday and it will probably last through mid-afternoon here or longer. Our garden seems to be jumping up out of the ground. I do like the rain and the nitrogen it brings out of the air to our garden. The zucchini plants were starts and have quadrupled in size with all the rain. Many blooms and even baby zukes showing. All the sweet chiles, eggplant, and tomatoes are blooming or budding and the pole beans are climbing. It's a good day in the neighborhood.

Reply to
George Shirley

Sounds like y'all are about 3-4 weeks ahead of us up here on the Ozark Plateau . I just got my stuff into the ground yesterday and friday . Nothing wilted yet ... and today we're getting a nice light soaking rain .

Reply to
Terry Coombs