Chilli Pepper Pots

These two chilli plants were grown at the same time from seed, one in a plastic pot, the other in terracotta. The plant in the plastic pot has 5 peppers and the other has none!
Why do you think this is??
Thanks, Johnny Green Hats.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: chilli.png | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 494| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
--
JohnnyGreenHats

JohnnyGreenHats wrote:

A sample of one is too few to use to draw any hard conclusion. It could be genetic variation between the plants or some difference in the potting mix or sun or water or some other thing. Or a combination.
David

    Because life is like that.
--
HTH,
Derald

Terracotta dries out quickly and it also gets very hot if in the sun -plastic does do that as qucikly. Other than that, you'd need to give a few more clues before I'd ahzard any guess further than those 2 possibilites.

Maybe disinfect the terracotta pot.

Maybe plant 50 and see what happens.
JohnnyGreenHats;903410 Wrote:

assuming that both post have had the same treatmesnt as far as watering and feeding, then the on in the terracotta pot will be less developed as terracotta is porous so water is lost through the pot.
spes123

spes123 wrote:

Or maybe the plants are not genetically identical and the difference in the pots is an unrelated coincidence, or something else. We don't know.
David
The chili plant originated in Latin America, where it was cultivated from its wild form by South American Indians. This plant, after flowering, produces small, spicy chilli peppers for the Hardman Norns to enjoy.
aaronbirk

aaronbirk wrote:

We are amazed.
David

    Well, I suppose I should be and maybe would be if I knew what a "Hardman Norns" is. On second thought, as is true of so much else in this life, my ignorance seems to be fortuitous: http://creatures.wikia.com/wiki/Hardman_Norn
http://creatures.wikia.com/wiki/Chilli_Pepper_Pots
--
Derald

Did you eat the chilis from one of the plants?
Sorry...
Mathink