Cherry trees

Has anyone grown cherry trees from seeds and then grafted onto the root stock?
Any advice, comments?
FarmI wrote:

Why would you want to do that? I can guess because the seeds (really pits) happen to be handy. There is always the problem of growing any fruit tree from a seed. Genetically, you will not get the same fruit like the one the seed is taken from. With some fruit like apples, forget it. Perhaps with a cherry tree, you may have a better chance, but why take it? There are many good sources of cherry scion available from a nursury or even a friendly neighbor. As long as the root stock is compatible with your cherry (Prunus). technically you should be able to graft onto it.
Sherwin

????
By grafting onto the rootstock, I meant grafting a scion onto the seedling root stock. I didn't have in mind grafting a seedling scion onto another seedling rootstock.