cherries wasp damage ,can i eat

hello, my cherries have bites taken out of them from wasps.
are they ok to still eat. maybe make jam etc. thank you
--
snowfurs

snowfurs wrote:

i've never heard of wasps carrying viral or other diseases, but they might. if you are in the minority and have a weakened immune system for some reason then i'd avoid eating damaged fruits.
otherwise, if the fruit is sound (not rotting) i trim off damaged areas and don't worry too much about it.
also, if you are making jam on the stove that raises the temperature long enough to kill off most of what i would worry about (and the fruit is acid enough and sugar does the rest).
songbird
replying to snowfurs , passerby wrote:

I just wash them and eat them. Same with ants or bird damage if it's small (birds do carry nasty diseases but perhaps not those birds that eat cherries). Have been doing it for 35+ years and I'm still here...