Chemlawn bastards

Page 2 of 2

That's now. Tomorrow is another story. And there's also the individual person who operated the sprayer. If they own a home, the neighborly thing to do would be to make them afraid they're going to lose it to settle the lawsuit.......

Gee, doing that in Alaska will get you in big trouble. The legislature just passed a statute about pesticide application without notification. Some people are allergic to certain ag chemicals, like me. (What's with people suddenly becoming allergic to so many things these days? I can't even walk down the laundry soap isle in the grocery store anymore, and I don't have a bad case of "chemical sensitivity" or whatever they're calling it this week.)
Your state will have some control over their licensed pesticide applicators. Look at your state website and figure out which agency licenses them. (It's Dept. of Environmental Conservation in Alaska.) Call them. Then if you need more help than the licensing agency can offer, call your local legislator and see if he/she will help.
Or something like that.
Good Luck,
Jan
Jan Flora wrote:

Correct in Utah as well. We live in a mosquito abatement area (wetlands... in a high desert state yet!), and aerial pesticide spraying happens every year. Well before spraying begins, all residents must be notified of when and where spraying will done, and what agent will be sprayed.

People are suddenly becoming sensitive to so many things because we are exposed to so many things, much more than before. It's in everything we eat, drink, wear and breathe.
Jan Flora wrote:

Its the toxic crap they put in everything. Fragrances are an unregulated industry, which is likely what's hitting you in the soap aisle.
Some of the chemicals they use are known sensitizers, ensuring that some people are going to become allergic.