Celantro

Does anyone have history with this? I just read it is the hardest herb to grow. I got some free seeds so I am trying it but it hasn't germinated yet. MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

Where and how are you germinating it? I think you get the most control from using grow lights and a heating pad turned on low. Connect lights, and pad to a timer to simulate normal daily cycles of heating and cooling. Once you have a seedling, move it to a larger pot, and then replant outside when conditions permit.

Reply to
Billy

The main problem that you are likely to have is bolting if it is too hot. I grow it in winter here because I have hot summers.

David Hare-Scott

Google for Cilantro, coriander, Chinese parsley, not the same as culantro, but close

Grows in similar climates as lettuces....cool,sunny. Growing hydroponically is a very easy method and mostly what you would buy in the store for .50 a bunch.

sure you didn't just get someone's old coriander spice seeds from years back.

Reply to
Gunner

With all of the feedback I should have no problem growing it. Time will tell MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

It's dead easy to grow. It grows each year in my garden as a result of self seeding. As tough as old boots but it prefers cool weather to hot so it's spring and autumn in temperate/mediterranean climes.

Reply to
Farm1