Catalogues arriving N. America

Yesterday Nichols Garden Nursery was at my door. Also the largest Johnny's catalogue I've ever seen. Already stated thinking about trying different sprouting mixes. Alfalfa was #1 here but Red Russian Kale is very new to me and I wonder how it will do on our plates.

Reply to
Bill who putters

I like kale. I haven't grown Red Russian but I think it would be worth a try. The ones I have grown are easy to grow, hardy, nutritious and tasty. Some find the flavour a little strong but if you like brassicas you will like kale. This is not a "sprout" it is a biennial that grows about 3-5ft high with cut-and-come-again leaves.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Never saw it offered for sprouting till now.

Bill who putters

I ordered a Johnies . To check it out.

Dennis Kucinich, You live in Ohio with me /?

Reply to
DogDiesel

I've got about a three-lifetime supply of seed; didn't occur to me to make sprouts....will give it a try! For eating, I really like "Tuscan" AKA "Dinosaur" kale.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/4 in upstate New York, 1420' elevation. NY WO G

Reply to
Gary Woods

Not from Ohio but like it once spent a few days in a college town in

1968. Remember streams running across the road. Now it comes to me it was Athens, Ohio when tuition was free for state residents. Went there to visit some folks that moved there from NJ.

Kucinich is intelligent Monynihan was too wrote several books. I'd like a hybrid of both of these guys. A little right a little left stir and make mistakes that hurt the wealthy for a change.

Reply to
Bill who putters