Carrotts Love Tomatoes

In reading again"Carrots Love Tomatoes"...the book....It says growing Cucumbers near Potatoes will increase all kinds of "wilt and Destruction" I have grown Cux for a while for pickling and am a Potato rookie. These guys are not side by side but rowend are 3 feet apart. I live in 5-6 St Louis MO area. I put my cux out REAL EARLY and have some fruit already...not ready to pick yet. Am I Near Doom or will it be ok???? Calm my fears please. Thanks Farmer Joe

Reply to
Farmer Joe

Grmph!

My tomato killed my carrot! The tomato grew tall and bushy, blocking off light to the carrot. Murdering thing...

Reply to
Jim Carter

I've never worried about it and my cukes are often near my tomatoes. I also live in the St. Louis area and have gardened here for many years.

Loki

Reply to
Loki

I made the mistake of growing peas by the onions. The onions are not amused...

I'm growing my cukes along the okra and corn. Don't know if it will work but I'll find out soon enough.

Peace,

Kate

Kate

Reply to