Cape Gooseberry in Sheffield

Hello folks,
this year I have successfully grown some cherry tomatoes for the firs time and would like to try something more exotic next year.
I was reading Roger Philips Vegeatable book and noticed that Cap Gooseberry needed the same conditions as tomato. I live near Sheffield has anyone had expierience of growing these this far north and do yo have any advice to give.
Ni
-- niimmm
Hi All, I have grown Cape Gooseberry`s in an unheated Greenhouse in Widnes near Liverpool with no problems. take a ripe Cape Goosberry crush it to remove the seeds and dry them out. save the seeds, and treat it as you would Tomatoes. Good luck with it.
Richard M. Watkin.