Can i use sand and peat as mulch.

Could I just put the sand and peat on top of my garden soil . Or should I till it in.
Diesel.
DogDiesel wrote:

What are you trying to do?
If you want to lighhten the soil dig it in. If you want to mulch the surface use something else as it will do a poor job of weed suppression and water conservation, the two main purposes of mulch.