Can I dig pine bark into my garden?

Hi All,

One of my garden plots has visqueen over it and seven holes that I grow stuff through. The visqueen has pine bark as cover over it.

If I decide to recover the entire area and remove the visqueen, can just dig the pine bark under, or do I need to remove it?

Many thanks,

-T

why not reuse it as a top mulch in your gardens?

seems like a waste of a valuable material to dig it in and then cover it...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I agree, plus it would probably tie up a large amount of nitrogen in the decomp process. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peek

And the mulch will gradually disappear into the soil beneath. That's a Good Thing!

Reply to
Gary Woods

Hi Songbird, Steve, and Gary,

Didn't think of that. Thank you!