Can anyone help me

Hi
A few days ago my friend find out this things(see photos) in his garden, he says that they form in the night. He doesnt know what they are neither do i..can anyone identify them?
Any help will be appreciated.
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/LoStAliEn/foto1.bmp http://pwp.netcabo.pt/LoStAliEn/foto2.bmp http://pwp.netcabo.pt/LoStAliEn/foto3.bmp
Thanks, Tiago
Sorry, the photos are terrible.

Terrible..why? They have good quality.
I will try to reduce the size so everyone can see them. Sorry for that
They just come through as masses of color on dial up.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in
18:40:49 -0700:

I could see the images OK. In foto1.bmp it appeared to me as a fungus that I see in damp & humid conditions often associated with animal manure. Although I have never seen fungus of the size depicted in foto2.bmp. In foto3.bmp it seems to be a close up but I can't offer an opinion as to what it is.
--
Regards Erik Vastmasd

Sorry, it's fascinating but I don't have a clue. A warning to everyone else, don't try to open these unless you have a broad-band connection. Each pic took quite a long-time on my hi-speed connection. Perhaps you could reduce the file size and repost repost. I've never seen anything like it and would also be very interested to know what it is. LJ_in_BC

They need to be converted to JPEG!!! BMP's are usually pretty huge.
I could not even access them. No translators for the file types.

Om.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/LoStAliE n/foto1.jpg http://pwp.netcabo.pt/LoStAliE n/foto2.jpg http://pwp.netcabo.pt/LoStAliE n/foto3.jpg

What are it's characteristics? Does it dissolve with water or sunlight?
It really does look like stuffing or some sort of fabric fluff to me, but it might be some sort of fungus.
Try posting this on alt.nature.mushrooms
Cheers!
--
Om.

Looks like cotton or something similar. It doesnt dissolve with water but i think it dissolves with sunlight.
I will try to post on that group..tks.
Susan it doesnt look anything like that.
On 29 Aug 2005 15:33:38 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Well, the pictures look like a wad of some sort of polyfill fiber with morning dew on them. I find things like that in my garden all the time, usually right after the Puppies O' Thunder unstuff a stuffed animal to kill the squeaky.
Penelope
On 8/29/05 3:33 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Use jpegs. Bitmaps just take too much time to transfer. If you have software to transfer images from a camera, you almost certainly have software to convert to jpeg (.jpg).
Bill
It looks like some animal like a squirrel has found a source of polyfil to use in its nest. Maybe an old waterbed mattress or some such thing somewhere nearby?

Does it look like this? http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/4th/kkhp/1insects/spittlebug.html
--
Susan N.

The Cook wrote:

Not even close (though the same thought crossed my mind at first). I think Tiago lives next to a Teddy Bear factory or something.
Steve
Hey
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I can't identify them, but I know that one of the houses I walk past on my way to work has them on their lawn some mornings.
Gareth Marshall Brisbane, Australia