Calcium

What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada

Reply to
Andy Petro

Isn't that used for melting ice. I would think it would be widely available, not so here in Atlanta!

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

Check a pharmacy.

Reply to
Billy

It's a low temperature ice melter. Whether you can buy it in a pharmacy, you can certainly buy it large quantities for melting ice. For example:

It's a common ingredient in many premium ice melters.

It's also has characteristics that it make it suitable for desiccant dehumidifying/air conditioning.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

Andy,

I'm not sure why you want to buy calcium. If it is for adding to your vegetables and fruit trees, calcium chloride will not work. You should look at products specifically for that purpose, like Nutri-Cal that will be absorbed properly by these plants.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwin dubren

I would think that a store specializing in pickling supplies would, as might a high-end specialty gourmet shop. We used it to produce fruit "caviar" back when that was "hip", so ask a local chef if all else fails.

Reply to
Steve

Try a place that sells home brewing supplies. It's used in all-grain brewing to adjust the pH of the mash.

Ross.

Reply to
rossr35253

If you want to get calcium into a plant, the best way is with a foliar spray of the proper calcium compound. Using common calcium chloride will burn the leaves.

As I mentioned before, products like Nutri-Cal are specifically formulated not to damage the leaves.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwin dubren

Crude stuff would be road salt. For food grade you need pure.

Frank

If the O.P. is intending this to improve the fruit on his trees, throwing calcium chloride on the ground around the trees will be of little or no benefit.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwin dubren