Calcium

What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada
Add pictures here
✖
Andy Petro wrote:

Isn't that used for melting ice. I would think it would be widely available, not so here in Atlanta!
Jeff

Add pictures here
✖

Check a pharmacy.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.
Billy wrote:

It's a low temperature ice melter. Whether you can buy it in a pharmacy, you can certainly buy it large quantities for melting ice. For example:
http://www.mortonsalt.com/products/road_sidewalk/safe_t_power.html
http://www.dow.com/calcium/index.htm
It's a common ingredient in many premium ice melters.
It's also has characteristics that it make it suitable for desiccant dehumidifying/air conditioning.
Jeff
Add pictures here
✖
Andy Petro wrote:

Andy,
I'm not sure why you want to buy calcium. If it is for adding to your vegetables and fruit trees, calcium chloride will not work. You should look at products specifically for that purpose, like Nutri-Cal that will be absorbed properly by these plants.
Sherwin
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:09:29 -0400, "Andy Petro"

I would think that a store specializing in pickling supplies would, as might a high-end specialty gourmet shop. We used it to produce fruit "caviar" back when that was "hip", so ask a local chef if all else fails.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:09:29 -0400, "Andy Petro"

Try a place that sells home brewing supplies. It's used in all-grain brewing to adjust the pH of the mash.
Ross.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 17, 12:07 am, snipped-for-privacy@forteinc.com wrote:

Crude stuff would be road salt. For food grade you need pure.
http://www.3reef.com/forums/water-chemistry/calcium-chloride-road-salt-46161.html
Add pictures here
✖
Frank wrote:

http://www.3reef.com/forums/water-chemistry/calcium-chloride-road-salt-46161.html
If the O.P. is intending this to improve the fruit on his trees, throwing calcium chloride on the ground around the trees will be of little or no benefit.
Sherwin
Add pictures here
✖
Andy Petro wrote:

If you want to get calcium into a plant, the best way is with a foliar spray of the proper calcium compound. Using common calcium chloride will burn the leaves.
As I mentioned before, products like Nutri-Cal are specifically formulated not to damage the leaves.
Sherwin
Add pictures here
✖