Cabbage collars

Hi

I went to my allotment this morning and somehow the 20 or so cabbag collars i put around the bae of my plants in the hope that it migh help prevent root fly are no longer around the stem of the plants. Eac of them are now about a foot away from the plant and there are signs o disturbance around the base!

Any ideas what could have done this, has anyone expereineced thio before and how i could prevent it from happening again?

Thank

-- mw80

Reply to
mw80

I have had this happen to me, but do not know what has caused it. It will be interesting to find out.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M. Watkin

Possibly an animal? I am i the Midlands and we have had lots of win and rain but i can't imagine that would have done it?

-- mw80

Reply to
mw80

What are your collars made of?

Reply to
Ed

Old carpet or underlay.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M. Watkin

Mine are the purpose bought ones:

happened again last night!!

-- mw80

Reply to
mw80

Probably some critter moving them to get at the bugs sheltering under them.

Reply to
phorbin