BUTTERNUTS

will butternuts ripen off the vine?
F Murtz wrote:

not that i can tell. they're still edible, eat the least developed first. cure the rest.
in the batch we just finished (harvested last Oct/Nov) there were a few that were not fully developed (the seeds were not finished) but they stored and cooked up fine.
songbird
songbird wrote:

I cut them off the vine too early I think.
F Murtz wrote: ,,,

how many?
they're probably still edible anyways, just might not store well if the skin isn't very thick.
did you leave some of the stem attached?
make sure they are undamaged and let dry well in the air without touching each other.
songbird