Bulbs

Another fall has come and gone and I did not get my spring bulbs planted. Is it too late. I am in Eastern North Carolina. The warmer side of Zone 7. Thanks MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

We're a bit north of Baltimore and we just planted our last 300 tulip bulbs last Sunday, November 28. My wife's been planting bulbs for many years and admits that this year we're pressing the limit a bit, but she thinks they'll be ok. I would guess that your weather is a bit warmer than ours, being further south; we've had a few nights dip into the upper 20's lately but nothing really brutally cold. My guess is you could put them in this weekend.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

In the snow !! Yes we are supposed to be getting flurries ! I guess I just have to suck it up and go plant them. I am planning to put them ion pots but at 75% off I bought too many of them. At least I know it will be worth the effort. Thanks

MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

you are fine, go for it.

i've planted many bulbs the day before the ground has frozen and most of them come through ok.

it's not the best treatment, but if the alternative is throwing them out i'd just plant them.

follow directions for depth and water them after planting.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Thanks Everyone, I sucked it up about 4:30 when the wind died down and planted them. Maybe I was looking for motivation more than information :) MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel