Broccoli doesn't flower

For some reason my broccoli is not forming heads this year. This includes several varieties. The plants are doing great otherwise. I live in central Ohio and it's been as hot and dry as any Spring and early Summer as I can remember. I don't know whether to cut the plants down or leave them in hopes of a fall crop. Any ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@my.net writes:

When I've left the plant after harvesting the heads and side shoots, it has produced again in small quantities in the fall. Don't know if this would work if there was no bearing in the first place, but if you don't need the space, give it a go, and let us know.
Glenna
On 7/7/07 7:34 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

Don't cut them down. Maybe you have another species of the Brassica family. The leaves are edible - just like Collards. Where did you get the plants? Were they from your own seeds or did you buy the plants? If you bought the plants maybe they were incorrectly labeled or if you planted from seed maybe you got mixed up, just like me. For now, eat the leaves. Cut in strips and use them in soups and stews. They are also great in spaghetti sauce.