Broad beans

I am very new to growing veg so some help would be real nice :)

I planted some broad beans in November, they showed themselves in goo style, but are now flopping over. Should I have pinched tops out or d they need staking?

The stems appear quite thin and weak.

any advice much appreciate

-- Suzie

Reply to
Suzie

It depends on the variety you have. Some of the edible vicia which are used for green manure do tend to flop. They might not like your soil. I was never able to grow them successfully here in Zone 6 (I too would get the thin stems, plus a fungus that would brown them), though in Zone 8-9 they grow like weeds during winter. You may have planted too late too. I remember they were planted in september in Zone 8.

Reply to
simy1

Thank you for that advice - I will record it for next year :

-- Suzie

Reply to
Suzie