Broad beans

I am very new to growing veg so some help would be real nice :)
I planted some broad beans in November, they showed themselves in goo style, but are now flopping over. Should I have pinched tops out or d they need staking?
The stems appear quite thin and weak.
any advice much appreciate
-- Suzie
Suzie wrote:

It depends on the variety you have. Some of the edible vicia which are used for green manure do tend to flop. They might not like your soil. I was never able to grow them successfully here in Zone 6 (I too would get the thin stems, plus a fungus that would brown them), though in Zone 8-9 they grow like weeds during winter. You may have planted too late too. I remember they were planted in september in Zone 8.
Thank you for that advice - I will record it for next year :
-- Suzie