Bringing potted tomato plants in?

I had a few potted tomato plants which I brought in once they started looking unhappy (leaves getting yellow and spotty). After a week indoors they don't seem to be improving. Can I do anything? Thanks.

Reply to
Davej

I would put a grow light on a timer so that they get a summers length day. Don't know if that is the problem, but it is a possible problem. I do know that length of day triggers things in plants.

Reply to
CanopyCo

I'm assuming you are in the Northern hemisphere? If you are, and the plants have developing tomatoes on themn, you could try pulling them out of the pots, shaking the dirt off the roots and hanging the plant whole upside down.

If you're in the Southern hemisphere, then take them outside each day until all danger of frosts is over and then plant the poor things.

Reply to
FarmI

I had a regular fluorescent over them 24/7 and have now switched to a plant/aquarium bulb. I was just hoping to keep the plants producing for awhile longer. I guess the plants certainly won't continue once my basement cools down.

Reply to
Davej

I have a plant that came up volunteer from kitchen scraps from my garden. It was way late but had lots of really nice tomatoes on it. I put up a little green house around it, complete with grow light on a timer.

The fruit from it just does not have much taste. Any idea why?

Reply to
CanopyCo

Well, here is a photo of the spots on a fairly healthy leaf...

Davej